- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- William "Garner" Dunlap, 90, of Advance died Thursday, Dec. 2, 2004, at Beverly Healthcare in Bloomfield, Mo.
He was born Sept. 23, 1914, at Bell City, Mo., son of William W. and Myrtle Garner Dunlap. He and Virginia Wealand were married Dec. 25, 1939, at Bell City. She died in 1984.
Dunlap was a retired farmer.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a son, Richard Dunlap of Bolivar, Mo.; a daughter, Barbara Reynolds of Memphis, Tenn.; two brothers, John Dunlap of Idaho, Delmar Haven of Oviedo, Fla.; three sisters, Mary Myers of Albuquerque, N.M., Ida Arms of Caryville, Fla., Dobby Sullivan of Annapolis, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, three sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home today from 9:30 a.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steven Sale officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery near Bell City, with military rites to be conducted.