- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
KARNAK, Ill. -- Aaron Lee Basham, 80, of Karnak died Thursday, Dec. 2, 2004, at Massac Memorial Hospital in Metropolis, Ill.
He was born Oct. 1, 1924, in Brackenridge County, Ky., son of David and Eva Basham. He married Alice Stone, who preceded him in death.
Basham retired from the maintenance department at Allied Signal in Metropolis. He was a member of Karnak Baptist Church and Belknap Masonic Lodge 822.
Survivors include a daughter, Dawne Collins of Metropolis; a sister, Opal Douglas of Karnak; a brother, Harold Basham of Mounds, Ill.; two granddaughters; and a great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Wilson Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today. Masonic rites will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Shawn Wasson officiating. Burial will be in Anderson Cemetery in Boaz, Ill.