- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Appel review 12/3
H (out of four)
"Christmas with the Kranks" is a prime example that the holiday season is about happiness but not without a pricetag.
After Luther and Nora Krank (Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis) see their daughter Blaire (Julie Gonzalo) off to the Peace Corps, they decide to forgo Christmas traditions and go to the Caribbean.
The Kranks are met with resistance from their neighbors to conform to the usual seasonal rituals and things are made tough on them.
It is not until Blaire decides to come home for Christmas that they all pull together for the best holiday party yet.
I feel like this movie was lacking in many things, such as comedy and a good ending.
This movie ranks right up there with last year's fruitcake.