- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
METROPOLIS, Ill. -- Cleta Hines, 66, of Metropolis died Thursday, Dec. 2, 2004, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born Oct. 3, 1938, in Cobden, Ill., daughter of Charles Edward and Leola Mae Davis Clubb Sr. She married Milton Lee Hines in Metropolis. He preceded her in death.
Hines had worked in various areas of health care from aide to nursing home administrator. She was a member of Congregational Holiness Church in Paducah, Ky.
She was a former Cub Scout leader, member of AARP and a volunteer with RSVP.
Survivors include two sons, Jackie Newberry of Metropolis, Bobby Newberry of Jonesboro; a daughter, Tina Smock of Brookport, Ill.; three brothers, Carl and Johnny Clubb of Morris, Ill., Donald Clubb of Carbondale, Ill.; a sister, Bonnie Baggott of Anna, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Jonesboro Cemetery, with Jerry Parr and Ron Schriefer officiating.