- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
METROPOLIS, Ill. -- Cleta Hines, 66, of Metropolis died Thursday, Dec. 2, 2004, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born Oct. 3, 1938, in Cobden, Ill., daughter of Charles Edward and Leola Mae Davis Clubb Sr. She married Milton Lee Hines in Metropolis. He preceded her in death.
Hines had worked in various areas of health care from aide to nursing home administrator. She was a member of Congregational Holiness Church in Paducah, Ky.
She was a former Cub Scout leader, member of AARP and a volunteer with RSVP.
Survivors include two sons, Jackie Newberry of Metropolis, Bobby Newberry of Jonesboro; a daughter, Tina Smock of Brookport, Ill.; three brothers, Carl and Johnny Clubb of Morris, Ill., Donald Clubb of Carbondale, Ill.; a sister, Bonnie Baggott of Anna, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Jonesboro Cemetery, with Jerry Parr and Ron Schriefer officiating.