- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BURFORDVILLE -- Bessie Elizabeth Dudley Phelps, 76, died Thursday, Dec. 2, 2004, at her home.
She was born Sept. 11, 1928, in Randles, Mo., daughter of Ned Edward and Hazel McComas Menz.
She married Robert Joe Dudley March 21,1947. He died Dec. 15,1989. She married John Thomas Phelps Sr., March 8, 1996.
She worked for Sports Specialty Shoe Factory and Superior Electric Co. She was a member of the Assembly of God church of Lake Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Robert Dudley of Whitewater; a daughter, Jo Ann Stovall of Chaffee; a brother, Edward "Sonny" Menz of Wilmington, Ill; two sisters, Jane James of Arbor, Mo., and Katie Magruder of Kankakee, Ill.; four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. today at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo.
Funeral will be Saturday at 10 a.m. at the funeral home with her son, Robert Dudley, officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.