- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Downtown open house
Cape Girardeau's downtown merchants will be giving a warm welcome to shoppers during the third annual Christmas Open House from 6 to 9 o'clock tonight. More than 20 merchants will be offering their wares. The event is sponsored by Old Town Cape and the Southeast Missourian.
Adding to the shopping mood will be carolers, refreshments, Santa Claus, buggy rides and portrait drawing. In addition, shoppers will have a chance to win a $2,000 downtown shopping spree.
For a good time and a special shopping experience, head for downtown Cape Girardeau, where it's certainly beginning to look a lot like Christmas.