- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape residents invite public for holiday home tours Saturday
A selection of homeowners in Cape Girardeau is once again opening their doors to the community for the annual holiday home tour, which raises money for Lutheran Family and Children's Services and the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri.
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and includes tours of the homes of Michael and Gwen Bennett at 2553 Wild Horse Trail, David and Riki Erlbacher at 2426 Brookwood Drive, Tom and Judy Holshouser at 3435 Old Hopper Road, Shanon and Jennifer Kirchhoff at 1589 County Road 618, and Jack and Jill Rickard at 14 Morgan Oak St.
This is the third year that the arts council has co-sponsored the tour, which LFCS began 17 years ago.
Some homes have been chosen for their unique design, like the Holshousers' home on this year's tour that has a creek running through it. The Rickard home was built in 1890 by riverboat captain William H. Wheeler. And of course, all are decorated for the holidays.
Tickets for the tour can be purchased in Cape Girardeau at the arts council, 32 N. Main St.; LFCS offices, 2911 Breckenridge Drive; Bi-State Southern, 612 Sprigg St. and 920 N. Kingshighway; Sunny Hill Garden Center, 206 N. Kingshighway; and Wanda's Coiffures, 1405 Thomas Drive. Dalton Florist, 922 E. Jackson Blvd. in Jackson, is also selling tickets.
Tickets can also be purchased the day of the event at any of the homes on the tour. For more information, call LFCS at 334-5866 or the arts council at 334-9233. The tickets are brochures that feature detailed information about each home on the tour.
335-6611, extension 182
WANT TO GO?
* What: Holiday home tour
* When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
* Where: Five houses in Cape Girardeau