- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Theatre and Dance, Music Announce Open Auditions
Southeast Missouri State University's Department of Theatre and Dance and the Department of Music announce open auditions Dec. 5-7 in Rose Theatre for two spring productions, "Picasso at the Lapin Agile" by Steve Martin, and the popular musical, "Guys & Dolls."
Community members are strongly encouraged to come out and audition for this spring's offerings. "Picasso at the Lapin Agile" is a campy and witty comedy penned by the popular comedian Steve Martin. Parts are available for seven men and four women and include such characters as Albert Einstein, Pablo Picasso and Elvis (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). The play will run Feb. 18-19 and Feb. 24-27 in Rose Theatre.
"Guys & Dolls," one of the most popular Broadway musicals in history, by Frank Loesser and Abe Burrows, will be co-produced by the Department of Theatre and Dance as well as the Department of Music. Singers, dancers and actors are encouraged to audition, and there are various openings available for up to 15 to 25 men and 10 to 15 women. This hilarious musical will run April 5-10 in Rose Theatre.
Those auditioning are asked to prepare a 60-second comedic or romantic monologue and 16 to 32 bars of up-tempo or ballad music. (Music must be clearly marked and in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.) No prepared music is required for those only interested in auditioning for "Picasso at the Lapin Agile." Dance auditions will be held during callbacks.
Combined preliminary auditions for both productions will be held on Sunday, Dec. 5. Callbacks for "Picasso" will be on Monday, Dec. 6 in Rose Theatre, and callbacks for "Guys & Dolls" will be on Tuesday, Dec. 7 in Rose Theatre.