- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
"Sundays at Three" Chamber Music Series
The extremely popular chamber music series, "Sundays at Three," continues its season with its second offering, "Faculty Collegium" at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 12 in Old St. Vincent's Church.
This concert will feature some of Cape Girardeau's favorite musicians and Southeast faculty members Brandon Christensen on baroque violin, Sara Edgerton on baroque cello, Steve Hendricks as male alto, Gary Miller on harpsichord, Jeff Noonan on lute and therebo, and Paul Thompson on baroque flute.
The program's musical offerings will include chamber music for stings, voice and harpsichord by the Italian Baroque composer Giovanni Bononcinni. Performed entirely on period instruments, this concert presents a rare opportunity to hear this little-known composer's delightful work in live performance.
Cape Girardeau and Southeast Missouri State University have among the highest concentration of performers specializing in early music in the state, and this concert is the perfect opportunity for music lovers to see firsthand how the University is changing the cultural climate of Southeast Missouri.
Tickets are available by calling the Performing Arts Box Office at (573) 651-2265 or by stopping by in the lobby of the Rose Theatre anytime between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.