- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Adrian Earl Young, 75, of Sikeston died Monday, Nov. 29, 2004, at Sikeston Convalescent Center.
He was born May 6, 1929, in Portageville, Mo., son of Jesse Earl and Ella May Carson Young. He and Jessie Brown were married July 13, 1953, in Portageville.
Young was owner and operator of Young's Plumbing and Heating. He was a member and former deacon of Murray Lane Baptist Church, and had been involved with Boy Scouts.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Jim Young of Matthews, Mo.; two daughters, Theresa Vaughn of Terre Haute, Ind., Lynda Young of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Jaquata Stewart of Portageville; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Kelley Grubbs officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery, with full military rites by Missouri Military Funeral Honor Guard.