- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Robert Harold Cruse, 85, of Jensen Beach, Fla., died Sunday, Nov. 21, 2004, at Parkway Health and Rehab in Stuart, Fla.
He was born in Grand Tower, Ill. He moved to Jensen Beach 48 years ago from Mounds, Ill. He married Billy Agnes Gunn, who died Nov. 27, 1999.
Cruse was a purchasing supervisor for Martin County School District six years, retiring in 1981.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a son, Mikal Cruse of Jensen Beach; a daughter, Debra Becker of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; a sister, Helen Hock of Detroit, Mich.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
A joint graveside memorial service for Cruse and his wife, Billy Agnes Cruse, will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge. The Rev. Kelly Cox will officiate.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.