- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Billy Agnes Cruse, 82, of Jensen Beach, Fla., died Saturday, Nov. 27, 1999.
She was born Jan. 23, 1917, in Villa Ridge, daughter of Henry and Alys Gamble Gunn Sr. She married Robert Harold Cruse, who died Nov. 21, 2004.
Cruse taught at Thistlewood Elementary School in Mounds, Ill., through the 1940s, and at Jensen Beach Elementary School from the late 1950s to the early 1980s.
Survivors include a son, Mikal Cruse of Jensen Beach; a daughter, Debra Becker of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
A joint graveside memorial service for Cruse and her husband, Robert Harold Cruse, will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge. The Rev. Kelly Cox will officiate.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.