- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Helen Ruth McMillan, 95, of Bloomfield died Monday, Nov. 29, 2004, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter, Mo.
She was born Sept. 29, 1909, in Ozone, Ark., daughter of Merion Lamac and Mary Francis Shelby Adkins. She and Oliver Scott McMillan were married Oct. 28, 1928. He died Dec. 18, 1993.
McMillan had been a self-employed seamstress. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Oran, Mo. She moved to Bloomfield four years ago from Oran.
Survivors include five sons, Denver McMillan of Bloomfield, Bill McMillan of Scott City, M.D. McMillan of Barnett, Mo., Charles and Michael McMillan of Sikeston, Mo.; five daughters, Ann Boze of Bloomfield, Chris Wondel of Wright City, Mo., Pat Terry of Calvert City, Ky., Mary Yount of Farmington, Mo., Gerry Lasater of Columbia, Mo.; 24 grandchildren; 47 great-grandchildren; and 13 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, two brothers and six sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.