- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Victor Russell, 84, of Alamo, Texas, died Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2004, at Mission Hospital in Mission, Texas.
He was born July 23, 1920, in Vienna, Ill., son of Willie Ernest and Della C. Henard Russell. He and Mable A. Davis were married June 6, 1938, in Jackson.
Russell was formerly of Anna. He had owned and operated a truck, grew produce in Louisiana and the McAllen, Texas, area; was a partner in Louisiana Strawberry Produce Co., owner of Russell Produce Co., and was in real estate development.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Donald Russell of Mission, Robert Russell of McAllen; a daughter, Betty Brown of Jonesboro, Ill.; two brothers, Charles Russell of Buncombe, Ill., Rayburn Russell of Saratoga, Ill.; nine grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by an infant son.
Visitation and a funeral will be held Thursday at Kreidler Funeral Home in McAllen.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Andy Gillespie officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.