- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- T. Bernie Parres, 83, of Perryville died Saturday, Nov. 28, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 6, 1921, at Silver Lake, Mo., son of Simon and Julia Moore Parres.
He and Mary Ritchey were married May 29, 1950, in Perryville. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. He was retired from Giesler Bros. and was a greeter at Wal-Mart.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Thomas Parres of Jackson; a daughter, Mary Ann Parres of Chicago; two sisters, Rita Huck of Decatur, Ill., Mary Strattman of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; a brother, Vincent Parres of Charleston, Mo.; and five granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, with a wake at 6 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, with the rosary at 9 a.m.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.