- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Romanian presidential race faces runoff
BUCHAREST, Romania -- Exit polls showed no clear winner in Romania's presidential election Sunday, forcing a runoff next month between a former ship's captain with a populist message and a political veteran embodying the communist past. The polls also showed that no party won a majority in the parliamentary election that would enable it to form a government by itself. The two top vote-getters both promise to lead the east European country out of poverty and into the European Union.
More than 100 trapped after coal mine explosion
BEIJING -- At least 166 workers were trapped Sunday after an explosion tore through a central Chinese coal mine, sending smoke billowing from air vents, the government said. Another 127 miners escaped. The blast rocked the state-owned Chenjiashan coal mine in Shaanxi province at 7:20 a.m., when 293 workers were underground.
Israel willing to give up 'unilateral' Gaza plan
JERUSALEM -- Israel is prepared to coordinate its pullout from Gaza with a new Palestinian government, officials said Sunday, a shift from Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's concept of "unilateral disengagement" and a sign that cooperation may be restored in the post-Arafat era. Security forces already are quietly cooperating with each other, Israeli officials said.