- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
There is something very charming about a bungalow-style home, especially when it has been carefully preserved. The bungalow home was designed with simplicity and function in mind, but with an arts and crafts flair, they were never short on style.
The home at 509 N. Maryland St. in Jackson is a good example of the bungalow charm. This one has woodsy paving stones leading to its welcoming front porch.
This frame home appears compact from the outside, but is actually surprisingly large. It has four bedrooms and three baths, along with several amenities one wouldn't expect in a home listed at just $119,900.
The living room focal point is an artistically designed entertainment center with a crowning stylish arch. The original hardwood floors gleam throughout this house, and new Pella windows throughout allow plenty of natural light.
An attractive partial room divider sets boundaries between the living room and kitchen without impeding the openness of the home. The kitchen features royal-blue countertops and oak cabinetry. Amenities for the cook of the household include a double white porcelain sink with a handy gooseneck faucet, a gas range and a large pantry. Attractive 12-inch tile flooring keeps this kitchen looking fresh and updated.
The dining room doubles as a sun room and has handsome tile floors and great custom shelves along one wall, allowing plenty of storage space for books or collectibles. A cathedral ceiling opens the space nicely. French doors lead to a small deck, and double windows overlooking the back yard invite plenty of natural light.
A convenient storage system at the end of the hallway provides the perfect place for children to organize their backpacks and school and art supplies.
The main-level bathroom features a step-in shower. A unique inset lighted shelf is an artistic contribution to the room.
The laundry room features plenty of hanging and shelf space and a nearby roomy broom closet.
The master bedroom suite has large double windows for natural light and a deep closet with double folding doors. The master bathroom features a wonderful garden style corner bathtub. Cherry vanity cabinetry is another nice surprise.
Another main-level bedroom features plenty of light and closet space, and another main-level bathroom includes a bathtub, two white pedestal sinks and tiled backsplash areas around the tub.
There is a wonderful upstairs loft bedroom with a large closet and plenty of room for two twin beds. The charming dormer ceiling lines give the room character, and the room is large enough to accommodate a generous play area for children.
One of the surprise features of this home is a finished basement that provides a large family room and a walk-out to the back yard.