- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Parade of Lights
Downtown Cape Girardeau will be a big holiday party tonight when the 10th annual Christmas Parade of lights starts at dusk at Capaha Park and makes its way down Broadway to the riverfront area.
More than 100 entries -- all featuring lights and music -- are signed up for the parade, which is a wonderful way for families to kick off the holiday season.
Tonight is also the first night of candlelight decorations at the Red House Interpretive Center next to the floodwall downtown. The Red House will feature decorations from 1804.
Join the fun and the singing during the parade, and go by the Red House for a special treat.
Many individuals and groups have worked long and hard on these events, and they will appreciate your support and participation.