- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Parade of Lights
Downtown Cape Girardeau will be a big holiday party tonight when the 10th annual Christmas Parade of lights starts at dusk at Capaha Park and makes its way down Broadway to the riverfront area.
More than 100 entries -- all featuring lights and music -- are signed up for the parade, which is a wonderful way for families to kick off the holiday season.
Tonight is also the first night of candlelight decorations at the Red House Interpretive Center next to the floodwall downtown. The Red House will feature decorations from 1804.
Join the fun and the singing during the parade, and go by the Red House for a special treat.
Many individuals and groups have worked long and hard on these events, and they will appreciate your support and participation.