- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Parade of Lights
Downtown Cape Girardeau will be a big holiday party tonight when the 10th annual Christmas Parade of lights starts at dusk at Capaha Park and makes its way down Broadway to the riverfront area.
More than 100 entries -- all featuring lights and music -- are signed up for the parade, which is a wonderful way for families to kick off the holiday season.
Tonight is also the first night of candlelight decorations at the Red House Interpretive Center next to the floodwall downtown. The Red House will feature decorations from 1804.
Join the fun and the singing during the parade, and go by the Red House for a special treat.
Many individuals and groups have worked long and hard on these events, and they will appreciate your support and participation.