- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hearing set in case of beating deaths
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 20 for a man charged in the beating deaths of a woman and her son.
Andre Clark, 41, of Charleston, who is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of armed criminal action and one count of first-degree assault, waived his right to a formal arraignment earlier this week.
Clark was charged on Oct. 20 following a four-month investigation in the June 16 deaths of Lazan T. Balentine, 32, and Kyri Balentine, 3, of Charleston. He was arrested in Chicago on June 20.
The Balentines were beaten to death with what appeared to be a blunt object at their home, along with Balentine's other son, Knighten, 4. He received serious injuries.