- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Statlers married 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. John Statler of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Oct. 10, 2004, at Grace United Methodist Church. The reception was hosted by their daughter, Tamara Smee.
Statler and Dorothy Young were married Nov. 25, 1954, at Chaffee United Methodist Church in Chaffee, Mo. Their attendants were Eva Golightly and Jacob Statler, brother of the groom, both of Chaffee.
The couple has two children, Tamara (Tony) Smee and Jeff Statler, both of Cape Girardeau. They have three grandchildren, Winnie and Hayden Smee of Cape Girardeau, and Nikki Probst of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.