- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Julie Jean Poirot and Raymond Wesley Roberts exchanged vows Nov. 13, 2004, at St. Ann Catholic Church in Nashville, Ill. The Rev. Paul Weinoff performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Cindy Poirot of Nashville, and the late John Poirot. The groom is the son of Dr. and Mrs. Theodore Roberts of Sikeston, Mo.
Maid of honor was Sarah Poirot of Nashville, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Crystal Poirot of Nashville, sister of the bride; Megan Stubinski of Sugar Land, Texas; Stacey Malick of Nashville; Kelly Poirot of Litchfield, Ill., and Megan Cassani of St. Louis, cousins of the bride.
William Roberts of St. Louis was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Thurman Graham III of Sikeston, Jeffery Kessler and Brett Foust of St. Louis, and Derek Sauer of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were David Cordle of Ohio, cousin of the groom, and Andrew Gutherie of St. Louis.
Flower girls were Katherine Cassani, cousin of the bride; Delia Roberts and Lauren Strecker, nieces of the groom. Ringbearer was Eric Strecker, nephew of the groom. Katherine is the daughter of Steve and Peggy Cassani. Delia is the daughter of William and Patrice Roberts. Lauren and Eric are the children of Jenny Strecker of Pevely, Mo.
Dana Bailey, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Holiday Inn in Mount Vernon, Ill.
The rehearsal dinner was held Nov. 12, at Genkota Winery in Mount Vernon.
Mrs. Roberts is a 1998 graduate of Nashville Community High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in health management from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003. She is a fitness instructor at the university.
The groom is a 1998 graduate of Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau. He received a bachelor of science degree in computer science from Southeast in 2004. He is a computer analyst/designer with Gilster-Mary Lee in Chester, Ill.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.