- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Storytelling Festival Around the Corner
CAPE GIRARDEAU,MO. On April 3rd-5th, the second annual "Cape Girardeau Storytelling Festival: Where the River Turns a Thousand Tales," will take place on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River.
This multi-generational, family-friendly event features the talents of Bil Lepp, Andy Offutt Irwin, Bobby Norfolk and Barbara McBride Smith, four of the nation's best storytellers. Along with the national tellers, festival attendees will also have the opportunity to hear from four regional tellers, including Kim Weitkamp, Rosie Cutrer, Joyce Slater and Sue Hinkel.
Additionally, a Master's class is being offered on Friday, April 3rd, which features teachings of national tellers Bil Lepp, Andy Offutt Irwin and Bobby Norfolk. Seats are filling up, and pre-registration is a must for this opportunity.
With the event less than three weeks away, festival passes are available for a flat fee of 30 dollars for the entire three-day event. For those unable to attend all three days, one day passes are also available for 15 dollars. Pre-registration is encouraged, so please contact the Convention & Visitors Bureau today to reserve your passes.
For more information about the event or optional package deals, visit www.capestorytelling.com or call toll free, 800-777-0068.