- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DEXTER, Mo. -- Newt Barber, 88, of Dexter died Sunday, March 15, 2009, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
He was born June 11, 1920, at Dexter, son of William and Ida Randolph Barber. He and Maxine Courter were married Feb. 19, 1944, in Piggott, Ark.
Barber was a former truck driver for Swift and Co. He was a member of Dexter Church of Christ.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Sue Jones of Dexter, Brenda Nicolai of Jackson, Judy Barber of Kimmswick, Mo.; a sister, Freda Henson of Dexter; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and a brother.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Wednesday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Dale Grissom officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.