- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Clara Marie Mitchell, 88, of Oregon, formerly of Perryville, died Wednesday, March 4, 2009, at Willamette Falls Hospital in Oregon City, Ore.
She was born Oct. 16, 1920, in Dunklin County, Mo., daughter of Leo John and Bertha Mae Pitts Moonier. She was married July 3, 1956, to John Robert Mitchell. He died Nov. 4, 1971.
Survivors include three sons, Robert Moonier of Mulino, Ore., John Mitchell of Cape Girardeau, Timothy Mitchell of Molalla, Ore.; two brothers, Joseph Moonier of Godfrey, Ill., James Moonier of Perryville; two sisters, Mary and Ray Cottner of Red Bud, Ill., Frances Church of Perryville; six grandchildren; and 15 great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.