- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Chalmer H. Voelker, 90, of Perryville died Saturday, March 14, 2009, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 13, 1919, in Perry County, Mo., son of the Henry and Mary "Lou" Moore Voelker. He and Evelyn A. Doll were married March 22, 1944.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Gary Voelker of Altenburg, Mo., and Charles Voelker of Perryville; a daughter, Janet Voelker of Perryville; 10 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Voelker had been a dairy farmer and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church and Holy Name Society in Brewer, Mo., the VFW Post 4282, American Legion Post 133 and Knights of Columbus Council 1263.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter and a sister.
Visitation is from 4 to 9 p.m. with a parish wake at 7 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 10:20 a.m., with a rosary at 9 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville.
The funeral Mass is at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Christ the Savior Catholic Church in Brewer, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehardt officiating.
Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery with military graveside honors provided by American Legion Post 133 and Missouri Delta Team.