- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Wenskay - Groefsema
Carl and Lori Wenskay of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, April Richelle Wenskay, to Clay Kenneth Groefsema. He is the son of Clay and Jan Groefsema of Lemoore, Calif.
Wenskay is a 1999 graduate of Central High School, and attended Southeast Missouri State University two years. She obtained property casualty and life agent insurance licenses in 2008. She is an insurance producer for Pacific Ag Insurance in Hanford, Calif.
Groefsema is a 1999 graduate of Lemoore High School. He attended the University of Redlands in California, where he majored in business administration and played football. He played a year with the National Indoor Football League in Germany, and then worked with the league in St. Louis. He was the starting quarterback for the River City Rage from 2004 to 2006. He and his family are almond farmers in the Central Valley of California.
An outdoor wedding is planned June 27 at the Groefsema home.