- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Bin Laden calls Gaza offensive 'holocaust' in new tape
CAIRO -- Osama bin Laden called Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip a "holocaust" and lashed out at Arab governments he said failed to stop the bloodshed in a recording broadcast Saturday.
Bin Laden, whose message was released in excerpts on Al-Jazeera, called Arab leaders hypocrites and accused them of sacrificing the Palestinians in Gaza and collaborating with Israel. The offensive, which ended Jan. 18, killed about 1,300 Palestinians, according to Palestinian human rights groups.
It was bin Laden's second audio message on the Gaza offensive since January, when he urged Muslims to launch a jihad against Israel. It was not possible to verify the message's authenticity.