- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Bin Laden calls Gaza offensive 'holocaust' in new tape
CAIRO -- Osama bin Laden called Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip a "holocaust" and lashed out at Arab governments he said failed to stop the bloodshed in a recording broadcast Saturday.
Bin Laden, whose message was released in excerpts on Al-Jazeera, called Arab leaders hypocrites and accused them of sacrificing the Palestinians in Gaza and collaborating with Israel. The offensive, which ended Jan. 18, killed about 1,300 Palestinians, according to Palestinian human rights groups.
It was bin Laden's second audio message on the Gaza offensive since January, when he urged Muslims to launch a jihad against Israel. It was not possible to verify the message's authenticity.