- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Wallace E. Zahner, 97, of Perryville died Friday, March 13, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County in Perryville.
He was born July 9, 1911, in Perry County, Mo., son of Isidore W. and Ida H. Huber Zahner. He and Olivia "Fritzie" Scherer were married in 1985. She died in December 1995.
Zahner was a livestock rancher and a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville.
Survivors include a nephew, Herbert W. Zahner Jr. of Hot Springs Village, Ariz.; a great-nephew, Herbert W. Zahner III of St. Charles, Mo.; and a great-niece, Vicki Oliver of Malakoff, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his wife, parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday at Young and Sons Chapel. The parish wake will be at 6:30 p.m. Visitation continues from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating.
Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.