- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Wayne "Skip" Stehlin, 76, of Advance, died Friday, March 13, 2009. at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 26, 1932, in St. Louis, son of Jacob and Irma Lee Byrd Stehlin. He and Wanda Johnson were united in marriage Sept. 4, 1954, at St. Louis. She survives of the home.
Skip was a retired sign painter. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance. He was also a veteran of the Korean War, serving in the U.S. Army.
Other survivors include a son, Kevin (Phyllis) Stehlin of St. Louis; three daughters, Kim (Sammy) Talley of Jackson, Kathy (Patrick) Nenninger of Advance and Karen (Kevin) Robinett of Advance; nine grandchildren; Jamie and Jerrod Talley, Sarah and Eric Stehlin, Amber Thorne, Jason Bahr, Casey Bowers, Cody Robinett and Patrick Nenninger; three great-grandchildren, Kenny Talley, Addy Thorne and CJ Robinett.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance. Parish prayers are at 6 p.m.
The funeral is at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance, with the Rev. David Dohogne officiating.
Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Advance.