- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Biri - Niswonger
Sarah Elizabeth Biri and Joseph Myles Niswonger were married Aug. 23, 2008, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. The Rev. Brad Modde of St. Louis, cousin of the bride, performed the ceremony. Readers were Walter Biri and John Niswonger, fathers of the couple; and Tina Modde, cousin of the bride. Pianist was Darren Modde of Manchester, Mo., cousin of the bride; flutist was Tammy Carroll of Jackson, and soloist was Sarah Stock of St. Louis.
Parents of the couple are Walter and Linda Biri of Jackson, and John and Lisa Niswonger of Gordonville.
Maid of honor was Alexis McDowell of Cape Girardeau, and matron of honor was Theresa Crowell of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Kali Niswonger of Kansas City, Mo., sister of the groom; Kendra Anderson of Land O'Lakes, Fla., and Christin Tanner of Jackson. Junior bridesmaid was Laura Bertrand, daughter of Theresa Crowell and Trae Bertrand and niece of the bride.
Clint Ressel of Texas served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Todd Metheny of Kansas City, Devin Foust of Columbia, Mo., Josh Clayton of New York, and Dustin Adams of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Lucas McCulley of Cape Girardeau; Steven Messmer of Jackson and Mark Gerecke of Washington, D.C., both cousins of the groom.
Flower girls were Isabella and Alaina Crowell, daughters of Josh and Theresa Crowell and nieces of the bride.
Tina Modde of St. Louis attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 22 in the church fellowship hall.
Mrs. Niswonger is a 2001 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a deposit support representative with Banterra Bank.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast. He is a supervisor at Best Buy.
After a wedding trip to Palm Beach, Fla., the couple is residing in Jackson.