- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Maggie Brown, 87, of Anna died Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2004, at home.
She was born Dec. 14, 1916, in Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of William and Nora Miller Smiddy. She and Orvil "Preacher" Brown were married Jan. 2, 1932, in Jonesboro. He died Dec. 17, 1995.
Brown was a member of Jonesboro Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Remona Wright of Anna, Shirley Downey of Dongola, Ill., Carylon Coryell of Granite City, Ill.; four sons, Gerald Brown of Anna, Lonnie Brown of Dongola, Bert Brown of Medina, Tenn., Rockie Brown of Milan, Tenn.; a sister, Lily Mayberry of Maud, Texas; 21 grandchildren; 45 great-grandchildren; and 23 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and a daughter.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Brimm officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.