- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary E. Robinson, 75, of Perryville died Monday, March 9, 2009, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born June 13, 1933, at Apple Creek, Mo., daughter of William J. and Clara Trapp Ponder. She and Bernard Robinson were married June 30, 1951, at Apple Creek. He preceded her in death Jan. 18, 2002.
Robinson was a homemaker, member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and the Ministry of Praise.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary (Terry) Kirn of Perryville; a son, Charles (Jackie) Robinson of Perryville; seven grandchildren, Angela (Donnie) King, Laurie (Sean) O'Dell, Andrea (Jason) Mattingly, Jessica Kirn, Nick Kirn, Josh Robinson, Lucas Robinson; two brothers, Raymond Ponder of Jackson, Martin Ponder of House Springs, Mo.; two sisters, Luella Degenhardt of Perryville, Antonia Naumann of Blackwell, Mo.; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, Bernard R. and Gerald Robinson; a daughter, Diane Robinson; four brothers; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Thursday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 6:15 Wednesday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Rickey Valleroy officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. Vincent de Paul Schools.