- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau County commissioners discuss funding for two projects
Cape Girardeau County Commissioners met Monday with highway administrator Scott Bechtold to discuss the funding for two road and bridge projects.
They approved the motion to grant Bechtold the ability to negotiate an agreement on the bidding, construction engineering and close out of the Route AB Project with with Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying Inc.
They also voted to allow him negotiate the program job, preliminary engineering and construction engineering costs of a replacement for the County Road 422 bridge.
Bechtold said he will meet with them again soon to discuss hard-surfacing road projects.