- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Rosetta Mattox, 82, of Sikeston died Saturday, March 7, 2009, at Hunter Acres Caring Center.
She was born Dec. 23, 1926, in Huntington, W.Va., daughter of Charlie and Hazel Prater Ferguson. She and Clifford J. Mattox were married in 1950. He died Oct. 24, 2000.
Survivors include a son, Michael Mattox of Florence, Ariz.; six daughters, Gloria Couch of East Prairie, Mo., Barbara Skaggs of Scott City, Linda Dittus of Mesa, Ariz., Edna Mattox and Sarah Munger of Phoenix, Sally Martinez of New York; 14 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, a sister and a brother.
The graveside service will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee, Mo., with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.