- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Paradox: Courthouse and CCC
The Civilian Conservation Corps and the federal courthouse shared the front page of the March 1 Southeast Missourian. Quite a paradox. The CCC helped rescue us from the last depression. The courthouse is the best local example of why we are headed to the second great depression after three-quarters of a century: the waste of $70 million on a new courthouse so the old one can be used as a homeless shelter.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.