- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Paradox: Courthouse and CCC
The Civilian Conservation Corps and the federal courthouse shared the front page of the March 1 Southeast Missourian. Quite a paradox. The CCC helped rescue us from the last depression. The courthouse is the best local example of why we are headed to the second great depression after three-quarters of a century: the waste of $70 million on a new courthouse so the old one can be used as a homeless shelter.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.