- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Paradox: Courthouse and CCC
The Civilian Conservation Corps and the federal courthouse shared the front page of the March 1 Southeast Missourian. Quite a paradox. The CCC helped rescue us from the last depression. The courthouse is the best local example of why we are headed to the second great depression after three-quarters of a century: the waste of $70 million on a new courthouse so the old one can be used as a homeless shelter.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.