- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Paradox: Courthouse and CCC
The Civilian Conservation Corps and the federal courthouse shared the front page of the March 1 Southeast Missourian. Quite a paradox. The CCC helped rescue us from the last depression. The courthouse is the best local example of why we are headed to the second great depression after three-quarters of a century: the waste of $70 million on a new courthouse so the old one can be used as a homeless shelter.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.