- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
There are 371,000 fewer jobs since Bush took office in 2001.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
Employers hired 1.8 million new workers this year.
Extend tax cuts, make health care more affordable by limiting jury awards in malpractice lawsuits, increase domestic energy production to create conditions favorable to job growth.
"We can expect to see a mediocre job market for the next year from the perspective of workers," one economist said.