- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
There are 371,000 fewer jobs since Bush took office in 2001.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
Employers hired 1.8 million new workers this year.
Extend tax cuts, make health care more affordable by limiting jury awards in malpractice lawsuits, increase domestic energy production to create conditions favorable to job growth.
"We can expect to see a mediocre job market for the next year from the perspective of workers," one economist said.