- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
There are 371,000 fewer jobs since Bush took office in 2001.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
Employers hired 1.8 million new workers this year.
Extend tax cuts, make health care more affordable by limiting jury awards in malpractice lawsuits, increase domestic energy production to create conditions favorable to job growth.
"We can expect to see a mediocre job market for the next year from the perspective of workers," one economist said.