- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Gennettia Pletcher Galbreath, 79, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, March 3, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 14, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Leo R. and Wilma Strauser Pletcher. She and Gordon Galbreath were married June 4, 1953, in Pocahontas, Ark. He died Sept. 14, 2008.
Galbreath was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include a sister, Evelyn Stovall and husband Max of Cape Girardeau; a niece; and three nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a niece.
A graveside service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.