- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Charles Propst Jr.
Charles Edward Propst Jr., 55, of Lake Charles, La., died Monday, Feb. 23, 2009, at his home.
He was born Sept. 16, 1953, in Cape Girardeau, son of Charles Edward and Willa Dean White Propst Sr. He and Fran Holliman were married April 23, 1988.
Propst was a boat captain with oil companies in the Gulf of Mexico until retiring in 2006 due to ill health.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Jessica Daughtery of Elizabeth City, N.C.; a son, Matthew Propst of Lake Charles; his mother of Jackson; and a sister, Phyllis Sander of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Hixson Funeral Home in Lake Charles was in charge of arrangements.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.