- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Iva Lee Bangert, 82, of Jackson died Monday, March 2, 2009, at her home.
She was born Aug. 24, 1926, at Kime, Mo., daughter of Clarence Marion and Bessie Jane Osborn Bennett. She and Dewey H. Bangert were married Nov. 22, 1969. He died May 8, 1994.
Bangert was a sole cutter at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Jackson, retiring in 1988. She was a member of Millersville United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a sister, Irma Clark of Greenville, Mo.; two grandsons; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Craig Petzoldt officiating. Burial will be in Little Whitewater Presbyterian Cemetery near Sedgewickville.