- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
In the hopes that the mercury soon rises to an enjoyable temperature and with the suspicion that no one really wants to spend a lot of dough, SE Live put together a quick list of five things to do when you're broke:
Run, walk, bike or blade around La Croix Trail. The four miles of paved path winds through Cape Girardeau, following La Croix Creek and taking the runner/walker/biker/blader under roads and through parks.
Lift your spirits with pretty pictures
Cape Girardeau has no less than seven art galleries. The art may vary drastically in medium, theme and skill, but they all have one thing in common: no admission fees. Friday happens to be the first of the month, and galleries will stay open late to allow people more time to enjoy the art and in most cases, meet the artists.
Have a ball
The Capahas and Southeast Missouri State University baseball seasons are warming up. Grab a blanket to wrap up in or sprawl out on and cheer for the home team. The two teams play in Capaha Park. For times and opposing teams, check the Sports section of the Southeast Missourian.
Tap the trail
Trail of Tears State Park has hiking and biking trails, some of the best views of the Mississippi River, a free museum with history and zoology and Lake Boutin for swimming and such.
Arena Park has sand volleyball pits for anyone's enjoyment. Grab some friends and pretend you can afford a beach vacation.