- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Glen Anthony Thiele, 78, of Leopold passed away on Wednesday, March 4, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau while surrounded by family after a lengthy battle with cancer.
He was born Jan. 19, 1931, at Leopold, son of the late Fred and Helena Elfrink Thiele. He and Ethel Ann Seiler were married April 16, 1952.
He served in the U.S. Army in the Korean War. He was a lifelong member of St. John Catholic Church. He worked as a farmer in the Leopold area and was self-employed as a cabinetmaker. He was an avid outdoorsman and loved gardening.
Survivors include his wife; six children, Glenda (Duane) Welter of Cape Girardeau, Robert (Georgia) Thiele, Roger (Bonnie) Thiele and Barbara (Roger) Bucher, all of Leopold, Donna (Roger) Essner and Carol Thiele, both of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Irene Stoverink and Hilda (Albert) Beussink of Jackson, Helen (Harold) Beussink and Betty (Fred) Beussink of Leopold; a brother, Stanley (RoseAnn) Thiele of Leopold; a sister-in-law, Evelyn Thiele of Jackson; 12 grandchildren, Amy LeDure of Cape Girardeau, Craig and Courtney Thiele of Leopold, David, Dustin and Dana Thiele of Leopold, Casey, Ashlyn and Austin Bucher of Leopold, Michael, Tyler and Rachel Essner of Cape Girardeau; and two great-grandchildren, Bailey and Kendall LeDure of Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel, with parish prayers at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 7, at St. John Catholic Church in Leopold. The Rev. Jeff Fasching will officiate, with burial in the church cemetery.