- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
MoDOT announces road work, lane closings in area
Drainage work to close parts of U.S. 61
Sections of U.S. 61 in Cape Girardeau County will be reduced to one lane today through Tuesday while Missouri Department of Transportation crews perform drainage work. The first section scheduled for work will be between Althaea Lane and County Road 520 north of Route E. Work will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Friday. From 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, a section between routes C and E will be worked on.
Final stages begin on Highway 34 project
Westbound traffic on Highway 34 will be reduced to one lane at 8 a.m. Tuesday for paving work as crews complete the final stages on the Highway 34 project in Jackson. The lane closing will begin at County Road 335 and extend for a half-mile with a width restriction of 9 feet. The lane will reopen at 3 p.m., but MoDOT officials warn the work could take more than one day. The Highway 34 project is scheduled for completion in the summer.