- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
James Presley Edmonds, 64, of Matthews, Mo., died Sunday, March 1, 2009, at Close to Home Nursing Home in Matthews.
He was born June 20, 1944, in LaFollette, Tenn., son of Everett and Ruby Cummings Edmonds.
Edmonds had been a deckhand on a riverboat and then was a driver with Kelley Taxi Co. He moved from Scott City to Matthews two months ago.
Survivors include three sons, James Edmonds of Grassy, Mo., Boyd Edmonds of Oriole, Jon Edmonds of Jackson; a daughter, Sharon Edmonds of Rifle, Colo.; three sisters, Letha Abernathy of Oriole, Nadine Hollingsworth of Warrenton, Mo., Erma Turley of Climax, Mo.; nine grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and six stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and three sisters.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at McLain Cemetery in Oriole, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating.
Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.