- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Indians trip in semifinal
St. Vincent mounted a rally in the fourth quarter, but came up just short.
The Indians boys basketball team had a few chances in the closing seconds, but couldn't pull out its Class 2 District 5 semifinal Wednesday.
O'Fallon Christian, the No. 3 seed, emerged with the 48-46 victory.
"We had a couple chances at the end," St. Vincent coach Bruce Valleroy said.
The Indians, the No. 2 seed, got fouled with 2.7 seconds left, but missed the first free throw. That meant they had to miss the second, but it was an air ball, and Christian ran out the clock.
St. Vincent missed a 3-pointer with 7 seconds left, but Christian threw the ball out of bounds. That led to the Indians' final chance.
Justin L'Hote led the Indians (12-11) with 16 points, including going 6 of 6 from the free-throw line.
Aaron Dzik added nine points in the loss.
St. Vincent led after the first quarter, but Christian stormed back to take the lead into halftime. Christian pushed its lead to 32-26 after three quarters, and the Indians couldn't complete the comeback.
@z_agate_no tab_no indnt_bld ld:CHRISTIAN (48) -- Andrew Frank 14, Kevin Snoe 9, Blake Meers 8, Kyle Wilhelm 6, Micah Wetzel 5, Ethan Wilson 3, Adam Glenville 3. FG 18, FT 7-19, F 16. (3-pointers: Snoe 3, Wilhelm 1, Wetzel 1. Fouled out: Snoe)
ST. VINCENT (46) -- Justin L'Hote 16, Aaron Dzik 9, Kyle Rollet 6, Matt Hotop 5, Joel Fischer 4, Brock French 2, Shawn Renner 2, Adam Winkler 2. FG 19, FT 10-15, F 18. (3-pointers: None. Fouled out: Rollet)
-- From staff reports