- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
First Friday receptions
The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri will fill all three galleries with work from the Arts Coop for their annual show. Each member of the co-op will select three pieces to display in the arts council.
32 N. Main St.; 334-9233
Wil MacKay, a Boston native with a new gallery in Paducah, Ky., will show his meritime oil paintings alongside works from the Cadmium group and the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild.
1315 Broadway; 334-7955
Black Door Gallery
Showing the works of Bootheel Regionalist Artist Lynn Lancaster with reprsentative oials of Southeast Missouri and floral still lifes.
124 S. Spanish St.; 573-225-7734
Gallery of Inspirations
Featuring works by consumer artists of the Community Counseling Center. Reception from 5 to 8:30 p.m.
402 S. Silver Springs Road; 579-6544
River Campus Art Gallery
John Mitchell's exhibit "Pictures from Planet X" displays the sketches and plans for art as well as the finished paintings and models. Reception, 5 to 7 p.m.
518 S. Fountain St.; 651-2143
Crisp Museum, River Campus
The museum hosts figurative painter Gabriel Laderman with "Gabriel Laderman: Unconventional Realist." They will open from 5 to 7 p.m.
518 S. Fountain St.; 651-2301
WESTRAY/Cat Ranch Art Guild
Featured artists Louise and Russell Callahan display their respective works of sand casting leaves and wood turning along with other works from the Cat Ranch Art Guild members. Friday reception from noon to 9 p.m.
1930B Broadway; 573-238-2334
The Artist Studio
Help celebrate the Artist Studio's "Fourth Anniversary" from 5 to 9 p.m. Schedules of spring workshops will be available.
38A N. Main St.; 651-4464
Annie Laurie's Antiques
Enjoy refreshments, antiques and uniques at Annie Laurie's open house. Open until 10 p.m.
536 Broadway; 339-1301
Edward Bernard Gallery
Art glass pitchers from Texas artist Michael McDougal and new work by Stephen Schlanser, from Pasadena, Calif. Open 5 to 9 pm. 107 West Drive, Suite D; 332-7733
The River View Room
Thomas Shaner exhibit reception 6 to 9 p.m.
123 N. Main St.; 334-4677