- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Give help for U.S. needs first
I own a small business. I don't usually get involved in politics, but I feel this time I have to say I am ticked off. Why are we giving the Palestinians $900 million when we have people here in the United States losing their homes and businesses and starving? This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that money at home and get our butts out of hot water before we go help to rebuild a country that we had absolutely nothing at all to do with its destruction? The Israelis destroyed the Gaza Strip. Let them rebuild it like we always do after we destroy a country. Give that money to the American people and let them rebuild their own economy before going to help a country that would rather see us dead and buried.
LUCIEN LOZIER, Sedgewickville, Mo.