- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Give help for U.S. needs first
I own a small business. I don't usually get involved in politics, but I feel this time I have to say I am ticked off. Why are we giving the Palestinians $900 million when we have people here in the United States losing their homes and businesses and starving? This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that money at home and get our butts out of hot water before we go help to rebuild a country that we had absolutely nothing at all to do with its destruction? The Israelis destroyed the Gaza Strip. Let them rebuild it like we always do after we destroy a country. Give that money to the American people and let them rebuild their own economy before going to help a country that would rather see us dead and buried.
LUCIEN LOZIER, Sedgewickville, Mo.