- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Give help for U.S. needs first
I own a small business. I don't usually get involved in politics, but I feel this time I have to say I am ticked off. Why are we giving the Palestinians $900 million when we have people here in the United States losing their homes and businesses and starving? This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that money at home and get our butts out of hot water before we go help to rebuild a country that we had absolutely nothing at all to do with its destruction? The Israelis destroyed the Gaza Strip. Let them rebuild it like we always do after we destroy a country. Give that money to the American people and let them rebuild their own economy before going to help a country that would rather see us dead and buried.
LUCIEN LOZIER, Sedgewickville, Mo.