- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Give help for U.S. needs first
I own a small business. I don't usually get involved in politics, but I feel this time I have to say I am ticked off. Why are we giving the Palestinians $900 million when we have people here in the United States losing their homes and businesses and starving? This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that money at home and get our butts out of hot water before we go help to rebuild a country that we had absolutely nothing at all to do with its destruction? The Israelis destroyed the Gaza Strip. Let them rebuild it like we always do after we destroy a country. Give that money to the American people and let them rebuild their own economy before going to help a country that would rather see us dead and buried.
LUCIEN LOZIER, Sedgewickville, Mo.