- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Give help for U.S. needs first
I own a small business. I don't usually get involved in politics, but I feel this time I have to say I am ticked off. Why are we giving the Palestinians $900 million when we have people here in the United States losing their homes and businesses and starving? This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that money at home and get our butts out of hot water before we go help to rebuild a country that we had absolutely nothing at all to do with its destruction? The Israelis destroyed the Gaza Strip. Let them rebuild it like we always do after we destroy a country. Give that money to the American people and let them rebuild their own economy before going to help a country that would rather see us dead and buried.
LUCIEN LOZIER, Sedgewickville, Mo.