- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Pedestrian struck, killed on 74
An Advance, Mo., man died Saturday after he was struck while walking in the middle of the road.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 10:19 p.m. when driver Fred Lancaster, 35, of Chaffee, Mo., struck pedestrian Joey Stoffregen, 27, on Highway 74 a mile west of Cape Girardeau.
Stoffregen was prounounced dead at the scene at 11:10 p.m. Lancaster received moderate injuries and was treated at Southeast Missouri Hospital.