- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Carl Eugene "Gene" Parrott, 79, of Titus, Ala., formerly of Mounds, died Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2009, at his home.
He was born Feb. 19, 1930, in Pulaski, Ill., son of Gene Parrott and Lydia Temke Parrott Popp.
Parrott served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include two daughters, Vickie Mays of Anna, Ill., Karen Trammel of Cobden, Ill.; a brother, Jerry Parrott of Mounds; two sisters, Phyllis Hamaway of Cummings, Ga., Imogene Dickerson of Cairo, Ill.; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Monday at Anna Church of the Nazarene, with the Rev. Richard Keeley officiating. Burial will be private in Big Creek Cemetery.
Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.