- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Marcella Pobst, 96, of Chaffee died Wednesday, April 9, 2008, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Aug. 1, 1911, at Randles, daughter of Anton Joseph and Corena Eve Mier Reiminger. She and Frank T. Pobst were married Feb. 19, 1936. He died Jan. 31, 1991.
Pobst moved to Chaffee in 1960 from Caney Creek. She retired from Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee in 1975. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include two sons, Gary and Melvin Pobst of Oran, Mo.; two daughters, Alice Glaus of Scott City, Judy Sanders of Oak Ridge; a brother, Raymond Reiminger of Jackson; nine grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister, two brothers and a grandson.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayers will be at 7:30, followed by Knights of Columbus prayers at 7:45.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.