- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Danny Joseph Cruz, 50, of Whitewater, Mo., died Friday, Feb. 27, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 5, 1958, at Fort Atkinson, Wis., son of Joseph Soledad and Gertrude Ethel McCulley Cruz.
Cruz was a maintenance worker for Wal-Mart in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his mother of Whitewater, Mo.; fiancee, Wanda Perry of Whitewater, Mo.; three sons, Danny Duane and Ryan Cruz of Whitewater, Mo., and Michael Cruz; a daughter, Stephanie Cruz of Whitewater, Mo.; six brothers, Juan, Jose and James Cruz of Milwaukee, Duane Cruz of Whitewater, Wis., Alex Cruz of Rockford, Ill., and Elmer Green of Advance, Mo.; two sisters, Linda Duran of Palmyra, Wis., and Wanda Pounds of Whitewater, Mo.; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his father and two brothers.
Friends may call from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. Burial will be at McGuire Cemetery in Burfordville, Mo.