- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Danny Joseph Cruz, 50, of Whitewater, Mo., died Friday, Feb. 27, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 5, 1958, at Fort Atkinson, Wis., son of Joseph Soledad and Gertrude Ethel McCulley Cruz.
Cruz was a maintenance worker for Wal-Mart in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his mother of Whitewater, Mo.; fiancee, Wanda Perry of Whitewater, Mo.; three sons, Danny Duane and Ryan Cruz of Whitewater, Mo., and Michael Cruz; a daughter, Stephanie Cruz of Whitewater, Mo.; six brothers, Juan, Jose and James Cruz of Milwaukee, Duane Cruz of Whitewater, Wis., Alex Cruz of Rockford, Ill., and Elmer Green of Advance, Mo.; two sisters, Linda Duran of Palmyra, Wis., and Wanda Pounds of Whitewater, Mo.; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his father and two brothers.
Friends may call from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. Burial will be at McGuire Cemetery in Burfordville, Mo.